Tuesday, May 3, 2011

On hummingbirds and a walk along the beach

Yesterday whilst out walking along the beach, I stopped under a grove of Causarina trees, the ones you see here, observing some rocks, when along came a hummingbird and hovered in front of me at eye level, hovering to the right and to the left. I couldn't believe my luck. I suspect it was attracted to my hat which has a pink stripe on it, but who knows. It was such a magnificent surprise and I am so delighted. 












Out in the bay today, Kim went swimming and was suddenly aware of a rather large shadow moving swiftly below the surface of the water.  Not quite sure what to make of it, she got out and asked a gardener who said: "Yes, ma'am, that shure be a lemon shark." She estimated 5 feet, but Ewa told us there was a sighting of a 7 footer out there today. Apparently they just swim around and never nibble people.  It feels good to hear this as I can't do without my swims in this exquisite bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment